5 Types of Air Conditioning Contractors to Stay Away From
You have to be careful when you get an air conditioning contractor. Make sure that the person you contact is well-known in their field and has good reviews. A good air conditioning contractor is someone who will be punctual, professional and courteous.
They’ll be forthright about how much your air conditioning installation, repair or service is going to cost. They won’t quote one price and then charge you a different price later. And, of course, they’ll get the work done in time.
But where do you find someone like this? Well, here are certain things to stay away from:
- A Contractor Who Has Bad Reviews: Sometimes, you see that someone has bad reviews online but you decide to go with them anyway, either because they are located closeby or you can’t get anyone else to come at the time you want. It’s better not to do this. There’s a reason why that contractor has bad reviews and it’s better to avoid them altogether.
- A Contractor Whose Reviews All Sound Similar: It’s very easy to fake reviews online nowadays. And if a contractor is desperate to get some good reviews, they might register under several different names and write reviews for themselves. Or they might ask friends to do so. So if all the reviews are sounding the same, stay away.
- A Contractor Who Is Quoting an Absurdly Low Price: You’re thinking there’s nothing wrong with a low price. But if someone is quoting a price which is half the market price and they’re not giving you any good reason for doing so, then something’s not quite right. When it comes to air conditioning, you get what you pay for.
- A Contractor Who Doesn’t Know What You’re Talking About: Maybe you are getting a strange smell from your AC and you tell your contractor this. But they say that they’ve never heard of such a problem. Most good contractors have come across every problem you are likely to have. So, if it’s taking a while to explain what’s wrong, just go with someone else.
- A Contractor Who Can Fix Anything: Sure, there are handymen who will fix many little things for you around the house. But they are not terribly specialized. If you come across a contractor who insists that he can solve each and every problem in your home, from carpentry to plumbing to electrical, well they may be legit – but they may not. Just make sure you look into their credentials before hiring them.
Since our beginnings in 1962, Conditioned Air has stood the test of time as the area’s leading AC contractor. We know what it takes to offer quality service at a fair price, which allows us to stand out from the less than reputable companies. Give us a call today to find out how we can help you with your HVAC needs!