5 Benefits of Ductless Air Conditioning Installation
If you’re living in a small space and are looking for an efficient way of staying comfortable in your home during the summer, you might want to consider ductless air conditioning. Ductless AC installation is a quieter, simpler and more compact way of cooling a home. There are many benefits of ductless systems (also referred to as ductless mini-split units), including the five below.
1. Simple to Install
Ductless installation is simple to install. It essentially:
- Is hassle-free.
- Requires no invasive ductwork.
- Can be finished in only a few days.
The simplicity of ductless installation results in it being less costly than a traditional AC system.
2. Increases Energy Efficiency
Ductless AC units are more energy-efficient than regular HVAC systems for various reasons, including:
- Traditional HVAC units can develop leaks in the ductwork, reducing the unit’s efficiency.
- You can turn off the units in other rooms you’re not using instead of cooling your entire home, thereby reducing your energy use and energy bill.
- Most AC units use compressors (one- or two-speed) that cycle on and off in order to maintain the programmed temperature in your home. This results in more electricity use. Ductless AC units use variable speed compressors that make adjustments continuously to keep your house at a consistent temperature. Because they don’t cycle on and off all day long, they’re more energy-efficient.
3. Ductless Units Run Quietly
Debris or leaks in ductwork could lead to banging or whistling sounds and you may even hear the scurrying or squeaking of pests that have infested your ducts. Once you have a mini-split system installed, the professional HVAC technician will either seal your air registers or remove your ductwork. This way you won’t need to worry about noisy pests, debris or leaks.
Also, ductless installation is quieter since the indoor mini-split systems don’t always operate at the same time. Because they don’t require as much power to run, you can use a quieter, smaller outdoor system as well.
4. Requires Little Maintenance
To keep your mini-split unit in good working order, you just need to:
- Keep the wall unit’s vents clear
- Clean the filters
- Clean up the outside system to maintain airflow
There’s no need to seal duct leaks or clean ductwork like you would have to with a traditional AC unit.
5. Improves the Quality of your Indoor Air
If you or another family member is suffering from asthma or allergies, ductless AC installation is a great way to improve your home’s indoor air quality. Unlike with traditional HVAC units, ductless units don’t have ductwork that allows the accumulation of dust, dirt and debris. It uses multi-layer filtration that decreases the amount of dust, allergens and pollutants that enter your house, keeping it healthy and clean. For more information or to schedule service, contact Conditioned Air today!