Lennox PureAir ™ Air Purification System
Your best defense against poor indoor air quality, The PureAir™ system uses exclusive UVA-light technology to attack all three classes of indoor air contaminants–particles, mold/mildew/bacteria and odors/chemical vapors. It not only reduces, but also destroys ozone, a known lung irritant.
Only single indoor air quality system to attack all three classes of indoor air contaminants:
- Small, breathable particles such as dust, dirt, pollen and allergens
- Airborne mold spores, bacteria and viruses
- Odors and chemical vapor
To Learn more about Lennox Financing click below.
Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner
Setting the standard in air quality, the Trane CleanEffects™ Air Cleaner uses revolutionary technology that supplies your home with a cleaner, healthier environment, allowing you to breathe easier - literally. Remove up to 99.98% of airborne particles with our air cleaner for your home and say goodbye to worrying about breathing in harmful bacteria or allergens.
- Removal of up to 99.98% of particles and allergens from your filtered indoor air. It removes particles as small as .1 microns – 1/1,000th the diameter of a human hair – a size that eludes most air cleaners.
- Low operating costs, with no replacement filters to buy.
- Easy-to-clean filters. Just vacuum or rinse once every 3 to 9 months (depending on usage).
MERV Ratings on Filters
MERV ratings range from 1 to 20. Filters with a low MERV rating catch only large particulates, while higher rated filters catch even the tiniest impurities. Here’s a general comparison:
- MERV 1 to 4. These catch only larger particles, generally over 10 microns in size, such as carpet fibers or dust mites. They help to protect your HVAC equipment, but they’re not very useful for improving air quality.
- MERV 5 to 8.These filter particles as small as 3 microns, including many pollens and mold spores. Often sufficient for homes without asthma or allergy sufferers.
- MERV 9 to 13.These catch impurities as small as 1 micron, which includes even fine dust, powders and some fumes. This is the ideal range for clean indoor air without restricting airflow through your HVAC system.
- MERV 14 to 16.Rarely used in residential settings, these filters catch even tiny bacteria, down to 0.3 microns. Airflow restriction starts to become a concern here; you might want to talk to a technician before installing.
- MERV 17 to 20. Filters in this range catch just about everything, but they are usually impractical for residential use because of airflow concerns.